Feb 9, 2010

Long time . no post

So I am trying to be better in the New Year and contribute more to my blogs. Previously I have been posting tips on how to get the job you want and while I will continue down that path I think it would also be helpful to know what is going on in my office: current jobs, ideas, volunteerism, etc.

TPM in the workings

After the new year we have really begun to see a shift in the amount of contract/ contract-perm positions we have available. Before = 3 pages of jobs - now = 7 pages of jobs.

Companies have worked their budgets and are looking to move forward in 2010. I really do believe this.

We are working on positions from QA analysts, .NET developers, to Project Managers. We have had quite a few requests for remote workers. This is great news for Atlanta since the traffic is so awful and can save someone a TON of money.

The Proven Method has decided to participate in Habitat for Humanity. I am very excited for us to join a team in March and work together a little to help other people.



I think every company should contribute their time in some way. Builds CHARACTER!


We have also definitely updated our website since the last time I posted.

www.provenmethod.com

TIP OF THE DAY

- When a prospective employer asks you a detailed question about a previous project, answer with specifics about the work YOU did and be sure to ask if you sufficiently answered them...

I have found lately that when asked to describe previous work experience candidates are far too general in their answers. This can keep candidates from seeing the client or making it past the first phone screen.

No comments: