Jul 6, 2010

Relationships

One of my consultants called today to give me his 2 week notice.

He works for one of my clients and has been a great asset to their company. Although our billable hours here in the office are most important, I was elated for him on his new opportunity.

Why?

He is such a fantastic person. He called to discuss the offer with me, his thoughts of growth, and why he felt he should move on. I was so glad he felt he could be honest with me. There is a lot to be said for someone who wants to grow and not just rake in the cash. This consultant is strengthening his skillbase, smart move. I know I will be speaking with him for years to come.

So... When you are ready to move on, give your employer the benefit of the doubt and be honest about you career moves and why you are leaving.


PS. 4 day work week!!! :)

No comments: